Term Loan & Working Capital
- Experienced in handling plain vanilla term loan to syndicated and consortium deals. Mr. Sachiv Kumar has handled complex term loan involving structured loans also. Good experience in handling loan and security document for sector involving agriculture, real estate, logistics, Education, Telecom, lease rental discounting etc.
- Have handled complex loan transactions including Ship finance and Aircraft mortgage finance.
- Handling financial matters pertaining to IDFC Bank.
- Advised on all the queries pertaining to Working Capital and Trade Finance including LC, Bank Guarantees, Receivables finance, Cash Credit Facility, commodity finance, etc.
The Firm’s highly specialized knowledge of the banking and finance laws equips it to assist banks and financial institutions on their operations and day-to-day matters on an ongoing basis. The Firm advises clients on regulatory matters, lending and related documentation etc. On the lending side, the firm focuses on counselling in respect of secured and unsecured leveraged financing, often as part of a larger acquisition transaction, re-capitalization / debt restructuring etc. The Firm seeks to represent banking clients and several financial institutions on litigation matters before all Forum.
The Firm also has knowledge for advising several multinational banks in their Indian operations on all issues relating to their business operations in India. The Firm also advises borrowers, issuers, sellers and financial institutions in transactions, including structured finance, asset-based financings, acquisition and highly leveraged financings, securitizations, project financings, restructurings and recapitalizations, bank guarantees, letters of credit, the closing of branch offices, etc.
Lease Rental Discounting
- Advised banks and financial institutions on the loan facility extended by them under their ‘Lease Rental Discounting Scheme’.
- Advised domestic bank on ship financing (loan documents) and Ship Mortgage documentation including Registration of Ship Mortgage at Ministry of Shipping.
Debt Restructuring & Insolvency
- Handled 2 debt restructuring transactions, where the restructuring of the loan facility has been done under the Securitisation mechanism.
- Worked on the proposal of One Time Settlement on the debt restructuring of a large Housing Development Company.
- Handled various matters pertaining to debt restructuring and Insolvency in National Company Law Tribunal.
- Providing Insolvency Advise and appearing in NCLT matters.
- Advising ESCO Systems for the restructuring of the debt by a purchase of the debt by Asset Reconstruction Company.
- Advised Marg Group for the restructuring of debts in Karaikal Port Private Limited.
External Commercial Borrowing
- Advising banks and financial institutions on the external commercial borrowing facility extended by them to the Indian borrower company.
- Experienced in handling ECB documentation including security creation
- Advising on the Master Direction on ECB and other FEMA laws
- Advising on the related laws in cases of securitisation.
- Structuring and documentation of receivables and loan securitisation transactions.
- Some significant matters handled by the firm include:
- Advising the client for securitizing in favour of a bank the future receivables (of price) from the sale of an undertaking by the client, without recourse of the bank against the client for any default by the purchaser of the undertaking.
- Advising on, and drafted necessary documents in respect of, a proposal of a Government Company to securitize (at present value) the receivables from the future sale of its land.
- Advising on, reviewed and finalized necessary documentation in respect of, a leading financial institution’s proposal to acquire trade receivables at discounted value from traders.