The firm has considerable experience and expertise not only in the project finance area but also in the area of infrastructure projects advisory. The Firm possesses considerable expertise in due diligence and analysis of project and transaction documents and structuring and drafting of project/transaction contracts and project finance documents. These assignments included, inter alia, examination of Concession/License Agreements and related documents and advising the Lenders on the bankability of such documents.
- Advising in infrastructure project development and implementation in various sectors including energy, Power and urban infrastructure. The Firm has significant experience in advising and representing clients, both domestic and international, on infrastructure projects.
- Advice rendered encompasses the complete legal framework governing the relevant infrastructural facility, the legal aspects involved in project development and the project finance. The aforesaid includes:
- project structuring and project delivery.
- legal risk analysis and management.
- preparation of bid and project documentation and contract negotiation.
- a transaction, asset and project due diligence.
- planning, environment and title advice.
- finance and security documentation.
- dispute resolution and litigation advice when required.
Some significant matters handled by the firm include advisory on: -
- Drafting of Financial Modelling and Business Networking plan for filing Parallel License application for supply of Electricity in Gurgaon for India Power Corporation Limited (earlier known as DPSC).
- Vetting of Road Contracts, Power Contracts and EPC Contracts for Sunil Hi-Tech.
- Advising and drafting Proposal documents for Essar Power for becoming Distribution Franchisee of Bihar State Electricity Board, Patna.
- Advised and drafted JSW on Public-Private Partnership Model for Wind Power Plant.
- Advising and drafting of Power Purchase Agreement, Open Access, Wheeling Charges to Lakshmi Organics and appearing in the MERC/Electricity Tribunal.