BBA. LLB 2003 - 2008, Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker at Corporate Legal Counsel Summit 2018 organised by Inventicon Business Intelligence.
- Speaker at Cross Border Entrepreneurship Summit 2018 organised by "Innovitas & Pritbor Digital".
Trainings & Seminars
- Participated in the IFLR SEMINAR on India Capital Markets in Jan 2017.
- Participated in APLMA conference on Debt Markets in September 2016.
- Attended a seminar on Cloud Computing organised by Microsoft in 2016.
- Completed Financial Law training organized by Terrapin Financial Law Classes, Singapore held in Mumbai, 2013.
- Completed Financial Training by SNR Denton, a Singapore based firm, in October 2012 and awarded “Best Individual Award” held in Mumbai.
- Attended Financial training by Allen & Overy and Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCLOY LLP held in Mumbai in November 2011.
Mr. Kumar has around 11 years of experience and is very dynamic & expert in handling transactions pertaining to banking and finance, syndicated deals including secondary market purchase, participation in FCCBs, trade finance ( LC, BG, Bid Bonds, SBLC) project finance, ship financing, aircraft financing, derivative & risk participation. He is well versed with the Corporate and Commercial laws.
Mr. Kumar has previously worked as AVP Legal, IndusInd Bank Limited & Senior Manager Legal Team Lead, ICICI Bank Limited. He was previously associated with IndusInd Bank Limited, Aditya Birla Finance Limited and ICICI Bank Limited as an In-House Counsel role. He has been instrumental in handling all the legal matters pertaining to ICICI UK under English laws and setting up of standard documents and processes of GIFT City. (IBU branch), Gujarat for IndusInd Bank.
In the past, he has been involved in transactions of a varied nature including advising and documentation for transactional work of both domestic and international clients (including banks and multi-national corporations). He has handled various complex and structured transactions.
Mr. Kumar carries the experience of the practice of law which covers diverse areas of laws, rules and regulations related to industries, trade, corporate legal affairs, securities, partnerships, other commercial laws and day-to-day legal issues concerning commercial and business matters, inbound and outbound investments and regulatory and policy, privatization, infrastructure projects, information technology and arbitration.
His Practice areas include advising on diverse laws relating to banking finance and corporate legal affairs, foreign exchange laws, anti-trust and insolvency and legal issues concerning commercial and business matters, External Commercial Borrowings and FEMA Laws, Real Estate, Oil and Gas, Asset-based Lending, Securitization, Ship and aircraft Financing, Conducting due diligence exercise; Capital Market, Structuring and negotiating commercial arrangements; andDocumentation and advise on domestic and cross border contracting and transactional matters, Investment into Equity and Non-Convertible Debentures and CCD.
Banking & Finance, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Real Estate, Arbitration Laws, Property Laws
Practice & Advisory Areas
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Legal Affairs
- Foreign Exchange Laws
- Anti-trust & Insolvency and Legal issues concerning commercial and business matters
- External Commercial Borrowings and FEMA Laws
- Real Estate
- Oil and Gas
- Asset-based Lending
- Ship and aircraft Financing
- Conducting Due Diligence Exercise
- Capital Market
- Structuring and negotiating commercial arrangements
- Documentation and advice on domestic and cross border contracting and transactional matters
- Investment into Equity and Non-Convertible Debentures and CCD